Friday, December 19, 2008

Keep it in the real world

Video games are a source of enjoyment. I play games for entertainment and don't want to have any kind of political propaganda shoved down my throat. There has been a recent trend in video games having real world advertisement in them. I don't have a problem with this if it fits into a game, such as being seen on a billboard in a racing game. I just learned that Barack Obama purchased advertisements in certain Xbox 360 video games this past year, one being Madden NFL 09. The ads were apparently only seen in 10 states and were downloaded from Xbox live when gamers signed in. It is disgusting that EA accepted his offer. Political ads have no place in a video game. At no point should a person be forced to view a political ad on something that person owns. This is disturbing news and I hope it does not open the door for future abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit InfoServe for web backgrounds.